Douglas L. Shields
4801 NW 75th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73132
Veteran restaurant manager/general manager with proven success in leading wait and kitchen staff to “Best Of” restaurant recognition for over 20 years. Managing full operations of one of the longest running (35 years) and most successful, profitable, independent seafood restaurants in Dallas, TX. Restaurant recognized continually by Dallas Morning News, Dallas Observer, Zagat, D Magazine, Southern Living Magazine and Wall Street Journal. Excellent customer relations, highly personable, strong supplier relations, cost conscious, attentive to details, extremely reliable and dependable under stress.
S & D Oyster Company
1992 – Present
* Key decision-maker
* Manage 20 wait and kitchen staff
* Manage all operations including purchasing, pricing, menu, maintenance, payroll, accounts payable, hiring.
1991 – 1992
* Part time manager while attending culinary school
S&D Oyster Company
1985 – 1991
1976 – 1981
Tennis Teaching Professional
- California Culinary Academy, 1991 -1992
- University of North Dallas at Denton, 1986 – 1988; Graduate courses towards master’s degree in history
- University Of Tulsa School of Law, 1984 - 1985
- University of Oklahoma, 1983
- BS, business administration; petroleum land management major
- Rockhurst College, 1970 – 1972; Played basketball
Tennis, film, reading, sports.