Responsible Alcohol Sales and Service Seminars
The Oklahoma Hotel & Lodging Association and its members actively support responsible alcohol service. Since the implemenation of these programs, hundreds of restaurants, hotels, convenience store operators and clubs have participated in our Alcohol Training and Designated Driver Program. Thousands of owners, managers and employers have been trained in our alcohol server training classes.
The Oklahoma Hotel & Lodging Association has developed an Alcohol Compliance Education program (ACE), which promotes the responsible marketing, serving and consumption of alcoholic beverages. This program is designed to:
• Provide to managers and servers an increased awareness of the dangers of drinking alcoholic beverages including low point beer, wine coolers, etc., and the misuse of alcohol.
• Provide practical tips to employers/employees who sell low point beer and similar products, and give servers practical ideas on how to deal with customers.
• Inform employers/employees and the industry of their legal responsibilities.
• Eliminate the sale of alcohol to minors and help reduce drunk driving accidents and deaths.
Alcohol Server Training
The liabilities we face as business operators continue to rise along with the cost of doing business. You should provide training to recognize intoxicated customers in order to protect your business, yourself and your staff. You and your staff may be held liable if a guest leaves and causes an accident. Oklahoma law provides for a maximum Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) of .08.
The training program teaches your employees how to:
• Identify signs of intoxication
• Recognize false identification
• Apply Oklahoma laws regarding sales and services
• Deal positively with customers
By implementing these programs, your customers will appreciate your concern for their safety and your employees will benefit from this type of continuing education.
Our instructors are available to conduct two-hour seminars at your site or at our facility. We will teach 15 or more of your staff and provide them with a wallet-size card as well as a Compliance Certificate for your business.
Call now to make arrangements for responsible alcohol sales and service seminars. You can reach the Oklahoma Hotel & Lodging Association at (800) 375-8181 or (405) 942-6462.