GSA Releases FY 2018 Per Diem Rates
Working with government officials to ensure that hotel per diem rates reflect the realities of the market has been a key priority of AH&LA. We wanted to share with you that today, the General Services Administration (GSA) released federal per diem rates for FY 2018 that will go into effect October 1, 2017, which show an increase to the standard continental United States (CONUS) rate from $91 per night for lodging to a new rate of $93.
In FY 2018, no new locations will become Non-Standard Areas (NSAs) with a per diem rate higher than the standard CONUS rate.There are 14 former NSAs that will move into the standard CONUS rate category:
- Redding, CA
- Cedar Rapids, IA
- Bonner's Ferry/Sandpoint, ID
- Dickinson/Beulah, ND
- Watertown, NY
- Youngstown, OH
- Enid, OK
- Mechanicsburg, PA
- Scranton, PA
- Laredo, TX
- McAllen, TX
- Pearsall, TX
- San Angelo, TX
- Gillette, WY
Federal per diem rates, used by government travelers to obtain hotel rooms at a standard discount, are established each year based on actual market data compiled and provided by Smith Travel Research.
FY 2018 Rates for Oklahoma*:
You may also click here
and choose "2018" in the Fiscal Year drop down menu for specific information regarding different localities. Federal per diem rates, which establish the maximum amount government travelers may pay for hotel rooms, are established each year based on actual market data compiled and provided by STR.
Government travel is incredibly important to our industry and we continue to share with GSA the importance of maintaining per diems at sustainable rates. Going forward, we will continue working with GSA and the Administration to ensure that lodging per diem rates align with market conditions.
If you have any additional questions about today's announcements or the rates in general, please contact Craig Kalkut at email@example.com
- Traveler reimbursement is based on the location of the work activities and not the accommodations, unless lodging is not available at the work activity, then the agency may authorize the rate where lodging is obtained.
- Unless otherwise specified, the per diem locality is defined as"all locations within, or entirely surrounded by, the corporate limits of the key city, including independent entities located within those boundaries."
- Per diem localities with county definitions shall include"all locations within, or entirely surrounded by, the corporate limits of the key city as well as the boundaries of the listed counties, including independent entities located within the boundaries of the key city and the listed counties (unless otherwise listed separately)."
- When a military installation or Government-related facility (whether or not specifically named) is located partially within more than one city or county boundary, the applicable per diem rate for the entire installation or facility is the higher of the rates which apply to the cities and/or counties, even though part(s) of such activities may be located outside the defined per diem locality.
- Meals and Incidental Expenses, see Breakdown of M&IE Expenses for important information on first and last days of travel.